Aerial Photography and Image Interpretation
Author: David P. Paine
Brand: Brand: Wiley
- Used Book in Good Condition
Number Of Pages: 648
The new, completely updated edition of the aerial photography classic
Extensively revised to address today's technological advances, Aerial Photography and Image Interpretation, Third Edition offers a thorough survey of the technology, techniques, processes, and methods used to create and interpret aerial photographs. The new edition also covers other forms of remote sensing with topics that include the most current information on orthophotography (including digital), soft copy photogrammetry, digital image capture and interpretation, GPS, GIS, small format aerial photography, statistical analysis and thematic mapping errors, and more. A basic introduction is also given to nonphotographic and space-based imaging platforms and sensors, including Landsat, lidar, thermal, and multispectral.
This new Third Edition features:
- Additional coverage of the specialized camera equipment used in aerial photography
- A strong focus on aerial photography and image interpretation, allowing for a much more thorough presentation of the techniques, processes, and methods than is possible in the broader remote sensing texts currently available
- Straightforward, user-friendly writing style
- Expanded coverage of digital photography
- Test questions and summaries for quick review at the end of each chapter
Written in a straightforward style supplemented with hundreds of photographs and illustrations, Aerial Photography and Image Interpretation, Third Edition is the most in-depth resource for undergraduate students and professionals in such fields as forestry, geography, environmental science, archaeology, resource management, surveying, civil and environmental engineering, natural resources, and agriculture.