Acting in Musical Theatre: A Comprehensive Course
Author: Joe Deer
Number Of Pages: 428
Acting in Musical Theatre remains the only complete course in approaching a role in a musical. It covers fundamental skills for novice actors, practical insights for professionals, and even tips to help veteran musical performers refine their craft.
Updates in this expanded and revised second edition include:
- A brand new companion website for students and teachers, including Powerpoint lecture slides, sample syllabi, and checklists for projects and exercises.
- Learning outcomes for each chapter to guide teachers and students through the book’s core ideas and lessons
- New style overviews for pop and jukebox musicals
- Extensive updated professional insights from field testing with students, young professionals, and industry showcases
- Full-colour production images, bringing each chapter to life
Acting in Musical Theatre’s chapters divide into easy-to-reference units, each containing group and solo exercises, making it the definitive textbook for students and practitioners alike.